Mobile Learning Report Card (Infographic)
Quick mobile learning facts in this industry report card from T-Mobile
- The US trails other nations in mobile learning adoption
- $8 Billion is spent each year on K-12 textbooks in the US
- 2.8% of the estimated $8M textbook market is #ebooks
- 56% of schools/libraries plan to implement/expand digital textbook use
- 45% of schools/libraries to implement/expand wireless devices for #mlearning
- 100% of students will have digital text books within the next five years
- One third of Americans have NOT adopted broadband at home
- 100% of K12 students will use mobile handheld devices by 2016
Tell me one good job you can get without a college degree?
Such was the question posed to me by a recruiter from one of our state colleges. I was eager to argue that many entrepreneurs, programmers, and other service industries did not require college degrees but, agreed that current competitive trends made college–or an advanced degree granting institution (trades, etc), were important for a good job.
Gaining more knowledge is a sure-fire way to improve your life. With rapid changes in technology, the job market and careers, college is one of the many ways this can be accomplished, whether it’s a two-year community college, a four-year college or trade/technical school.
Provided college financing is within a person’s means and budget (See: College Grads: The New Debt Slaves and Colleges Suing Their Own Students For Repayment) more higher education can make a person more marketable and gives them more options in life.
The folks at Educated Rooster put together a nice little list:
10 Reasons For Going Back To College
- Higher Paying Salary: A college degree drastically improves your career earning prospects. Research has shown that job applicants with degrees are more likely to land higher paying jobs with better health insurance and more vacation days.
- Increase Your Job Options: A college degree widens your spectrum of job options. College graduates have more job prospects because they acquire more specialized skills, knowledge, and expertise than non-college graduates.
- Personal Investment: Nothing in your life is more important than you. A college education broadens your horizons. A degree is an investment that will allow you to achieve your goals, whatever they may be.
- Networking: Social ties and your network reach are valuable assets in today’s society. College is a great place to meet new people whose interests are aligned with yours. It provides you with the opportunity to build connections with people from all over the world. The people you meet in college may be tomorrow’s CEOs and leaders.
- More Career Flexibility: More and more employers demand workers with post-secondary degrees. A degree gives you greater access to occupations and job opportunities.
- Competitive Edge: Going back to college can provide you with the edge you need in today’s rough economic times. College helps familiarize you with the latest advances within your field. It can potentially equip you with specific skills and knowledge that can give you an advantage amongst your peers.
- Job Security: Higher education levels have been proven to lead to better job security.
- Build your Confidence: Increasing your knowledge, skill-sets, and experiences can only help to make you a well-rounded individual. Exposing yourself to new topics and experiences will simultaneously enhance your self-esteem and your appeal to employers.
- Career Change: You may have hit a dead end in your current job or you came to the realization that it’s not what you desire to do with the rest of your life. A college degree can help you get hired at a higher level and more quickly rise through the ranks of your new career.
- Health and Happiness: You may find that once you have completed college you are happier, have less stress, and that both you and your children are healthier. Evidence shows that college graduates tend to be happier and healthier. They have more fun, more leisure time, and are more optimistic about their past and future progress. As a happy person you will be more motivated to pursue your goals, and you are more likely to earn more money
Are there more reasons to go back to college?
Baltimore mLearning Training, Baltimore mLearning Class, Learn …
Lodestone offers onsite mLearning training in Baltimore and mLearning consulting.
See all stories on this topic »
Please contact me if you are experimenting with mlearning.
Please use the comment area below on this post.
Edutopia Offers FREE Guide for Mobile Devices in the Classroom
Edutopia and Google Apps for Education have produced a new 10-page PDF guide to mobile learning in the classroom.
Teachers can download the free guide to learn how mobile devices in the classroom are engaging students on multiple levels. 10 page PDF
WIMBLEDON DRIVING ACADEMY LAUNCH NEW, FREE ONLINE LEARNING …
Wednesday, 18 July 2012. The online learning centre features a range of free example driving tests, ideal for anyone to try who would like to sharpen up their skills or practice ahead of their all important driving test, increasing the chance of first …
See all stories on this topic »
Do you have a comment? Use the comment area below and give YOUR opinion!
Did you like this post? If so, spread the word: tweet. Thank you